Jamie, my oldest and dearest friend of 35 years, came to visit us in Perth for about 2 weeks in mid-October. The weather was getting warmer (high 20s – low 30s), either way warmer than Vancouver, where she traveled from. It was a 21 hour flight with a 6 hour layover in Hong Kong before arriving in Perth.
Since she was our second visitor, we took her to our favourite spots and also some new ones so we can play tourist too.
These were my highlights with Jamie…
- watching Auntie Jamie and Atticus play tag and draw
- watching old rom coms, doing face masks and drinking tea
- spotting Koalas at Yanchep and dipping our toes in Moore River
- visiting the Pinnacles and the Lobster Shack
- going to Little Creatures in Freo and drinking Roogenic iced tea from the market
- drinking coffee in CBD, eating ramen and going shopping for souvenirs
- doing the Indulge Your Senses self-guided tour through Swan Valley
- high tea at the C Restaurant (revolving dining room overlooking the city)
On the days I was working, Paul and Atticus took Auntie Jamie out to King’s Park, the beach and Perth Zoo. I think we kept her busy and hope she had a good visit.
Saying goodbye to Jamie was hard. Thanks for visiting us Jamie!! We love you!